Do you know about Berhan Diaspora?
Berhan Diaspora service is designed to costume the desires of Ethiopian Nationals or Foreign Nationals of Ethiopia Origin, living and working abroad. This new service package includes, among others, deposit and loan service.
Deposit Account for Diaspora
Deposits can be made in US Dollar (USD), Pound Sterling/GBP, and EUR as any Types of Diaspora Deposit accounts
- Diaspora Saving Accounts –
It is a saving account changed in to Birr with smart interest rate which is double of local interest rate.
- Diaspora Fixed Time Accounts –
It is fixed time account and deposited with Foreign currency .
- Diaspora Current Accounts
- It is a kind of deposit accounts in foreign currency
- To open an Account, the following choices are available.
- In being present all the necessary documents to Berhan Bank branches.
- Persons residing overseas can open the account in person, by communicating Berhan Bank’s agents or by directly filling out the request form from the Bank’s website berhanbank.com.et, and filling all the required information and presenting documents to the Ethiopian Embassies in their area for authentication and should be sent to Berhan Bank S.C. via courier.
- Application forms properly filled and signed by the applicant with 2 recent photograph of the account holder must be attached,
- For Non-resident Ethiopians, resident permit/certification to confirm the Ethiopian National living and working abroad for more than one year and subject to renewal up on presentation of valid documents on a yearly basis.
- For Non-resident Ethiopians living and working in neighboring and Middle East countries, authenticated valid resident permit and/or valid work permit, by Ethiopian Embassies and legations residing abroad, subject to renewal up on presentation of valid documents on a yearly basis.
- For individuals, Copy of Resident ID and valid Passport (for Ethiopian national living abroad)
- For Business, Certificate of ownership entitlement for the organization and /or article and memorandum of association.
Types of Berhan Diaspora Loan Products
Diaspora Consumer Loan:
It is a lump sum or a phase by phase advance settled for the purpose of covering Ethiopian Diaspora’s urgent financial requirements.
|Maximum Tenure (years)||Minimum Equity Contr.||Maximum Amount Birr||Interest rate||Collateral||Remarks|
|building, vehicle/ machine & shares certificate of financial institutions|
Diaspora Automobile Loan
It is a loan for the purchase brand new, second hand or used automobile for non-commercial purpose to be purchased in the name of the Diaspora or his/her spouse. Conditions applicable are :
|Maximum Tenure (years)||State of the vehicle||Minimum Equity Contr.in FCY||Maximum Amount Birr||Interest rate||Collateral||Remarks|
|10 years||New||20%||4,000,000||9%-12%||vehicle or preferably a building|
Diaspora Housing/ Mortgage Loan
|Maximum Tenure (years)||Minimum Equity Contr.in FCY||Maximum Amount Birr||Interest rate||Collateral||Remarks|
Diaspora – Business Loan
It is a kind of Term Loan (Working Capital and Project Financing) which will be granted to customers to be repaid within a exact period of time with interest. Conditions applicable are:
|Maximum Tenure (years)||Minimum Equity Contr.in FCY.||Maximum Amount Birr||Interest rate||Collateral||Remarks|
|Depending on the type of the business/project||10.5%- 14%
|will be Depend up on the type of the business/project|
We are highly privileged to respond to your queries; please do call us via our Telegram channel +251 9 54-57 57 57
Download Diaspora Account Opening Form