Do you have travel, medical or other urgent financial needs?
Non-Durable consumer loans offered by Berhan are collateral based credits granted for the purpose of covering applicant’s urgent financial requirements like expenses for domestic or foreign travel, medical treatment of self or a family member, etc.
The amount of the loan would be determined by the income and repayment capacity of the borrower. The minimum and maximum amount of the loan is birr 20,000 and 100,000 respectively.
- The loan can be granted for a maximum period of one year repayable in equal regular installments of principal plus interest.
- the loan shall be covered by mortgage of building in major towns with minimum collateral coverage of 150%
To qualify for a consumer loan, the following criteria shall apply
- A resident Ethiopian national or Ethiopian origin capable of paying the loan.
- The Applicant could be a salaried/business person(s), professional, self employed individuals.
Letter from employer confirming the employment status and duration, monthly basic salary and deductions, of the applicant and/or his/her spouse, if applicable. Tax identification number and copy of income tax return for last two years/if business person(s) and/or professionally self employed.
- Loan application letter[obligatory]
- Proof of identity/residence/age[obligatory] Driving license (optional)
- Passport (optional)
- Birth certificate (optional)
- Valid identification card, residential[obligatory]
- Proof of marital status[obligatory]
- Financial statement [proof of income] [obligatory]
- Collateral ownership document[obligatory]